Picture of Our World

Picture of Our World

Monday, March 25, 2013

Slacking... Why do I even try to blog?

Well, every time that I swear I will do better, I think I do worse on keeping this up.  I see friends of ours updating their posts all the time.  Me?  I think, oh, that's great, I should update ours and then... Well, as you can see, I haven't blogged since June last year, so I am clearly not doing it!

What to talk about today?  Well, in 9 months, Lord knows there must be lots to share?  There is, but where to start.  I think maybe with the most recent stuff.  Let's talk about 4-H Public Speaking.  This is an amazing phenomen.  In our 3 years of being the Tees 4-H Wranglers leaders, we have seen our original kids in the club grow SO much in their abilities.  I love listening to the speeches and the topics and just marveling that we are assisting this generation with such an important skill.

Now, we have no idea where our kids get their awesome speaking skills from ;), but I have to say, they have blown us away this year.  Okay, maybe I do, as Josh and I were both Regional Level Public Speakers back in our day.  We also both have to do it every day at our jobs in Management, so the kids have picked up on some of those skills.

Jordynn did her Presentation on Crystals & Energy Healing - titled "Not Just a Rock".  She did a 7 minute presentation on crystals and their ability to help with natural healing.  We were so proud of her advancing to Regional Level where she placed 2nd!!!
 
 
Rylee did his Speech on the pros and cons of being vertically challenged.  His speech was titled "Just Call Me Fun Sized".  He also went on to speak at Regional Level, where he was told by one of the judges that he had given the best 4-H Speech she had ever heard!  Wow!  High Praise :)
 



No comments: