Picture of Our World

Picture of Our World

Monday, March 25, 2013

Looking forward... What's next?

We are so excited for this Spring/Summer here at the ranch!  Babies coming (not me, the horses), kids are gearing up for 4-H Showing, 4-H Rodeoing, Rodeoing, Showing and more.  We are all just ready for the snow to be gone!  Our crazy schedule begins Easter weekend with a trip to ma & pa's for some turkey bird and visiting and then on to Stavely to Flattop Horsemanship to pick up my new horse, Nevada! 

I am SOOOOOOOO excited about this new adventure I am about to embark on!  I bought an awesome coming 8 year old, Bay Roan Gelding that has spent his life with a trainer whom we have come to respect and admire, Marty Gardner.  My plan with Nevada is to participate in Alberta Ranch Horse Versatility Association shows if I can gather up my guts. We are also hoping to attend 4 or 5 light horse shows this summer with Jordynn and some of our friends.  I haven't shown competitively since 4-H, so I am scared SPITLESS, but with an amazingly supportive husband, some experienced show friends, some brave friends that are also jumping in this year and my new trusty steed, I expect that it will turn out just fine.  It's not about winning this year, it's about the experience, learning and fun, but boy oh boy would some ribbons, buckles and bux be nice! 

Here's a couple not so great pictures of Nevada...  They totally don't do his 16.2hh, stocky confirmation any justice.  Will post more once he arrives at Rydyn High!


 
 
 
Jordynn and I are so excited about Nevada that we picked up some Nevada themed accessories to take on the show trail with us!
 


No comments: